Many people are quite wary about looking into getting a house extension because they do cost quite a lot of money and people are not sure if they will benefit from it. A house extension can range from a kitchen extension to a loft extension, so plenty of space can potentially be made accessible. Please continue to read on to find out how a house extension could in fact benefit you greatly.
One of the key ways in which an extension can be advantageous for you is a great amount of value can be added to your home’s estimated value on the property market. If you get in contact with a successful and proficient builder for your house extension, the end product should add an estimated 12% to 18% of the value of the house. In addition to this, if you are in need of extra space for you and your family, an extension could be the cheaper resolution to this dilemma rather than looking into getting a new home.
There are many different types of house extensions available, simply because anything that forms extra space is classed as an extension. The most popular choice of extension is a kitchen extension closely followed by loft extensions. Then there are cellar extensions, but this kind costs almost three times as much to build as loft extensions do! The benefits of each type of extension types are listed below.
The advantages of kitchen extensions are:
- It is cheaper than moving home in search of a bigger kitchen.
- House value can soar up, house extension builders making your home worth so much more on the property market.
- The ability to have access to more facilities in the kitchen such as TV’s, the garden, computer etc.
The benefits of loft extensions are:
- More headroom can be made available.
- More light can be let into the room.
- They don’t take up any garden space, like other house extensions are required to do.
- House value can increase significantly, just like with any other house extension.
The positive points of cellar extensions are:
- The space that can be used is much larger than any other extension.
- Planning permission is easier to obtain than upwards and outwards extensions.
Summing up all the points made about all the different types of house extensions there are available, I think it is easy to say that overall it is more beneficial to consider a house extension as to looking into bigger homes on the property market. Not only can you save money by improving your own home, but your house value is increased when the extension is complete.